Ride On are proud to support a number of exciting and worthwhile initiatives designed to help people to have opportunities to have the benefits of cycling.
Working with the local community to support initiatives and develop cohesion are important parts of what we offer at ride, click here to find out what we do. Read about our successes.
Here is a quote from P.E. Teacher Nick Leonard of WestExe School
Dear Graham, Martyn and Nic,
Just a quick message to say thank you for all your time and effort in making today such a great success. I must admit that I was a little apprehensive about how it would all go and the wet weather on the way in this morning didn’t help. However, your professionalism, awareness for safety and the way you interacted with fellow staff, our students and members of public at large meant it really was a truly relaxing and enjoyable day.
Thank you all very much and in particular Graham for all you have done previously with our students in getting them qualified so we could have such a day.
Keep up the great work you are doing, it really is having an impact in the area.
What can Ride-On offer the Community?
Here are some of the community projects that Ride-On is equipped and ready to provide:
- Community bike mornings – this could include safety check and be able to give advice cycling routes.
- Free adult confidence sessions linked to group ride with instructor.
- Community cohesion half day – a session of bike based activities for either adults, children or both.
- Learner cyclists group rides – we offer group rides along safe routes around Exeter. We can also provide access to bikes, helmets and advice.
- Children’s learn to cycle sessions – we teach adults to ride for the first time as well!
- Fun race circuits for children in a safe traffic free environment.
- Toddler balance bike training sessions.
- The smoothly bike – recycled bike adapted so that when you pedal it makes you your own fruit smoothy! Great attraction for kids n adults alike.
These are some of the activities that Ride-On can offer. If you are interested in Ride-On running a Community project for you please contact us. We are happy to discuss your individual project needs and design activities to suit them.
Two more Ride On projects as examples
The Wheels for All project is an initiative to help disabled children and adults to benefit from a quality cycling experience appropriate to their needs. Find out more about Wheels for All.
Cycling Without Age is a an initiative stated in Denmark to provide rickshaws to provide people with rides. Read more about Cycling Without Age.
We are a Registered Charity No.1174055